Friday, May 15, 2009

VIAJE A DUBLIN






















DUBLIN TRIP

Travelling to Dublin has been a great experience for me so I would like to come back soon and get the opportunity to visit other places of Ireland like the cliffs or the countryside.

Above all I enjoyed the special atmosphere you could feel in some places of the city for example ‘Temple Bar’.

There you are able to share the Dubliners way of enjoying such as dancing their typical dances, listening the every-day live music and chatting with friends while you take a pint of Guiness in the comfortable pubs. I am not a beer fan at all but I tried it and I liked it very much and I got surprised because I didn’t have a headache after drinking several pints.

I couldn’t imagine that you could do all those things, and the most wonderful point is that you don’t have to put up with smoking any more because it is not allowed inside any pub. So when you leave pubs your clothes don’t smell badly and you are totally able to breathe pure air without any problem.

Another positive point that I didn’t expect was the kindness of the Irish people. I spent in some weeks England and Wales a lot of years ago and I remember that people were friendly but Irish people are even nicer.

They like Spanish people and they showed it immediately with an exclamation such as ‘ah , Spain, what a wonderful country’ or something similar. Besides, when you asked people in the street for directions, they explained to us with a lot of details and always smiling in their best mood. This was really pleasant.

The negative point for me was the weather, it was wet and cold and we could hardly see the sun shining. However, we tried to fight it with good temper and a lot of sense of humour. Also winter clothes and an umbrella helped us!
Laura Barrios Berzosa (2º NA)

No comments: